CPCE Exam Survival Guide or How to Prepare for Comprehensive Exams
We offer a full package of custom academic solutions combined with a competent and responsible approach.Hire ghostwriter
Use our service and take advantage of the necessary guarantees, all in one set.
Proficient writers at your service
Degree-holding experts are in charge of quality. Dedicated to their subjects, aimed at your satisfaction.
What Is the CPCE Exam?
The Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE) is an exit exam for college students in a master’s level counseling program used to evaluate overall knowledge of counseling content. It consists of 160 multiple-choice questions in 8 areas; Human Growth and Development, Social and Cultural Foundations, Helping Relationships, Group Work, Career and Lifestyle Development, Appraisal, Research, and Program Evaluation and Professional Orientation and Ethics. There is no set passing score for the CPCE or economics preliminary exam. Each individual program will set the CPCE score required to graduate. For some programs, the CPCE is the only exam needed in order to graduate while others may require additional comprehensive exams.
Preparing for the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination
The CPCE consists of 20 multiple-choice questions in each of 8 different areas. The following are some guidelines for studying to take the CPCE:
- Read all assigned materials in your classes. There is a reason your professor assigns certain reading materials and contrary to what some students think it isn’t just to make your life difficult. Make sure to read everything assigned in class
- Take notes. Take detailed notes during lectures and on all reading assignments. Keep all of your notes as they will be some of the best study materials for comprehensive exams.
- Ask questions. When you are unclear about something ask questions until you understand. Waiting until after the CPCE or economics preliminary exam is too late. Get answers as soon as a question on something arises.
- Organize notes. Keep your notes organized by topic. This makes it much easier when it comes time to review for comprehensive exams.
- Take practice exams. Practice for the CPCE by answering sample questions. This will help you identify what areas you need to work on. Although the CPCE is multiple-choice make sure you understand why each answer is right/wrong so that you thoroughly understand why. Understanding why an answer is correct will help eliminate guesswork during the actual exam.
Further Suggestions on How to Prepare for Comprehensive Exams
The Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination is a multiple-choice test. However many programs will require either written and/or oral exams in addition to the CPCE. The following are some additional tips to help you prepare for comprehensive exams:
- Practice writing answers to essay questions: Essay questions will vary from program to program. Some may allow open book and a week or more to answer questions while others may only give you a few hours with no materials allowed. Either way, practice answering essay questions in the required format
- Strategic reading: There will be some programs which provide you with a reading list while others will require you to create for yourself. If possible include only materials that are applicable to the MBA comprehensive help. Consider having a professor review your reading list. You don’t want to spend a bunch of time studying something that won’t be applicable.
- Include sources: In most cases, you will need to support your answers to essay questions with evidence. Supporting evidence should be documented in order for it to be valid.
- Keep up with the latest research: Some questions on comprehensive exams are likely to be drawn from the latest research in your field. Read the latest journals so that you are aware of what is going on in the field.
Regardless of what format your comprehensive exam takes, try to schedule it well in advance and make sure you are well rested the day of the test. If you are unsure how to prepare for comprehensive exams our company can help.
Choose the Best Service for Professional Assistance
The CPCE exam or also known as the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination is an exam that is created to assess the level of mastery of a particular student. As with any other exams, you need to prepare beforehand and take time to study in order to pass the test. Although you can study on your own, it is still best that you have experts who can help you prepare for the exams. With our professional services, you get to have the following:
- For one, our team is only composed of experts in the field. Our staff comes from different fields of specialization. They have undergone training making them experts in the field.
- Being in this line of work, we understand the testing process. We know how difficult these exams can get so we can give you inside information that can help you pass the exam. Contact us today in order to get started and see for yourself why there are so many students turning to us for professional assistance.
- Every student has their respective needs and requirements. Our company offers various services tailored fit to the individual needs of our clients.
- You get to have the best services with reliable customer service support at competitive pricing.